Dear Residents, Families and Care Partners:
We hope you and your families are all safe and well.
Thank you for the incredible courage, strength and cooperation you have shown in protecting our cherished residents and those who care for them. As we all start to experience quarantine fatigue and loosened lockdowns, please do not forget the public health measures that have allowed us to battle the spread of the virus and flatten the curve. It’s important that all of us take personal responsibility for protecting our communities from COVID-19.
Last weekend, our communities celebrated Father’s Day. It was a little different then our past celebrations but our care partners are getting quite creative with how we honour our residents during these times.
One of our communities in Claresholm, Alberta received live music.
We are here to support and connect families
HURRY!!! Final chance to win an iPad!!
Let’s Continue to Stay Safe:
COVID-19 Prevention at Optima Living Communities includes infection control precautions that are being taken in each of our residences and offices, including implementing all recommendations from Health Authorities and Government Officials.
Some of these protocols include:
– Universal masking for care partners: All care partners who provide direct or indirect care within 2 meters of a resident wear a surgical mask. This will help us reduce the potential spread of the virus by providing an added layer of protection for care partners and residents alike.
– Enhanced screening for the virus: All sites are actively screening (including regular temperature checks) all care partners, essential visitors and residents according to government guidelines.
– Limited access to essential visitors only: At all sites from Independent Living to Long Term Care. Arrangements for outdoor visits are available at all sites.
– Infection control and outbreak plans are in place and ready to activate.
– Enhanced cleaning and sanitation, particularly of high-touch areas, in all communities.
– Ensuring adequate supplies of personal protective equipment are available in each facility in case of an outbreak.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS SHOULD I TAKE?
We will prevail in this crisis and will come out of it stronger.
Thank you. Be safe. Be well.
Farid Damji | Co-Founder & Principal
Optima Living Communities